Source: King Khalid University - Media Center
King Khalid University continues with its community outreach initiatives in conducting a host of training programs in Tehama. The programs, delivered by faculty members, included a variety of workshops and courses for the public. Nearly 700 people participated in the events.
General Supervisor of the Tehama Campus, Dr. Ahmed Al-Shehri, explained that the workshops and training courses offered are part of the Goodwill Initiative, which was launched by Governor of Asir, His Royal Highness Prince Turki bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud. Dean Al-Shehri explained that the university endeavors to make sure that training programs are well-prepared and fully compatible with both present and future demands of the labor market in the Kingdom. Matching human capital to economic development is a fundamental requirement of Vision 2030. Dean Al-Shehri noted that the programs were supervised by King Khalid University Rector, His Excellency Prof. Falleh Al-Solamy, and were available to the public-at-large.
The workshops spanned many fields of interest such as:
- 'How to Prepare Your Resume' by Dr. Siham Mousa Al Haidar;
- 'Planning the Future' by Dr. Mohammed Al-Mizah;
- 'How to be Talented?' by Dr. Sulaiman Al-Falaqi;
- 'The Art of Debating' by Dr. Asma Ebada;
- 'The Art of Public Communication' by Dr. Ibrahim Al-Qaid;
- 'Self Development and Prioritization' by Dr. Ahmed Al-Khaira;
- 'Introduction to Contemporary Financial Transactions: Sharia Applications and Controls' by Dr. Hamdi Abdel Hamid;
- 'The Art of Dealing with Others in the Light of the Holy Quran and Sunnah' by Dr. Kawther Ali;
- 'The Importance of Family Values and Its Place in Islam' by Dr. Hala Bayoumi;
- 'The Methods and Strategies of Building Visual Presentations' by Dr. Asma Obada;
- 'The Importance of Ethics in Society' by Dr. Tahani Nour Al-Hadi;
- 'The Bright and Dark Aspects of Using Technology in Our Lives" by Dr. Fouad Al-Buraimi;
- 'Family and society' by Dr. Kawthar Al-Tom.
The university plans to once again visit Tehama to continue its community service efforts and further serve the populace with valuable tools and information for daily life.