Ramadan is the month of charity, goodness and blessings. Allah chose this month to be His own month where He rewards for it. There are several virtues for this month as follows:
- Virtues of Ramadan:
It is the month in which our Holy Quran was received by our prophet Mohammad peace be upon him. During Ramadan the heaven’s doors are opened, the hell’s gates are closed, and the devils are handcuffed. The night of Qadr is the greatest nights of the year, it is better than a thousand months. As stated in the Hadith of the Prophet peace be upon him if a Muslim prays faithfully in the night of Qadr, God forgive him above his guilt.
- Fasting is the opportunity to change habits:
Fasting is a great opportunity to stop some bad habits like smoking as it harms oneself and others’.
As being patient for hunger and thirst, a person could be patient for some other issues in his life, which need time.
- Save yourself:
Save your heart and body from bad things.
- Purifying oneself:
Get rid of all bad feeling like hatred and revenge.
- Time investment:
By reading Quran and understanding its meanings, studying other fields of science, which creates a conscious generation aware of the requirements of his age.
- Your Health during Ramadan:
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water during Ramadan.
- The main balanced dish must contain carbohydrates such as rice, pasta, and potatoes, and a kind of meat such as red meat, chicken, or fish, plus cooked vegetables. It is worth mentioning, that moderate intake is key to good health.
- You have to break your fasting by starting with a bowl of soup and this helps your digestive system to work properly.
- You have to eat two dates at the beginning then a glass of water or milk. After that, you have to take hot dish of soup, salad and main meal. In addition, you have to be moderate in eating as it is considered the main factor of good health!
- Suhoor has many benefits in Ramadan. It strengthens fasting people and activate them during the long fasting day. Nutritionists are recommending that this meal rich in carbohydrates slow absorption as whole wheat bread, rice or cereal, this contribute to maintaining the level of sugar in the blood.
- Some people eat a great quantity of food during Ramadan, which leads to weight gain. In order to control your weight, you must take a healthy meal, appetizers and desserts in moderation, choose more fruits and vegetables, avoid sugary drinks, and exercise daily.
- For those who suffer from headache and dizziness resulting from lack of sugar rates they have during the period of fasting, we recommend starting eating with two to three dates to adjust the level of sugar in the blood.
- To prepare light dishes during Ramadan, housewife can cook healthy dishes like grilling, boiling, cooking on steam as well as add delicious flavor to recipes through a rich variety of vegetables, herbs and spices.
- Balanced nutrition during Ramadan is so important. Before going to bed, we recommend a snack consisting of a glass of low-fat milk, for example, the sandwich of brown bread and cheese, low fat and an amount of fist of dried fruit and nuts. Suhoor also must contain glass of low fat milk, brown bread and a plate of legumes such as beans or chickpeas.
- Drink moderately some natural drinks, as they are good source of sugar and vitamins, but rich in calories.
- Use salt reasonably in your dishes. Salt can be replaced by the use of vegetables, herbs and spices for more flavor and good taste to your meals.
- The change of eating routine may lead to constipation. To avoid this, make sure you eat plenty of vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes and drink enough water.
Finally, we wish you an ' acceptable fasting ' and ' delicious meal '.